Re: TV Japan

From: "Pardoe, Richard (PRDR)" <PRDR@chevron.com>
>To: 'Kurtis Araki' <kurtis_araki@yahoo.com>,
>     'Sumo List' <sumo@brooks.statgen.ncsu.edu>
>Subject: DishTV as a potential alternate to: (RE: Internet Video feed
>from  cable modem)
>
>If you live in the USA - why not purchase DishTV and subscrive to TV Japan
>and get a "real" sumo broadcast.
>TV Japan broadcasts the basho live and repeats it twice the following day.
>I typically record it and watch over dinner.
>
>TV Japan is $30/month ($25 for TV Japan + $5 pass through fee if you don't
>subscribe to basic Dish programming).  It might even be possible to reduce
>this cost by subscribing the TVJ only during the basho times.

This (turning TV Japan on and off just for bashos) is exactly what I do.  I
normally subscribe to some services on DishNet and once every two months I
activate TV Japan for just a two week period.  The total charge comes out
to be about $20 per basho.

Richard Webb
rlwebb@raiderfans.com         http://www.puc.edu/Faculty/Richard_Webb/
Department of Physics
Pacific Union College                                   7 Mobile Manor
Angwin, CA  94508                                    Angwin, CA  94508
(707) 965-6684                                          (707) 965-2010