Re: {SUMO} Waka!

I don't think they lost to Wakanohana purposely.
But in many sense, Akebono and Musashimaru had control over Wakanohana's
Yokozuna promotion and they failed to be in Waka's way to Yokuzuma
promotion. If one of them could beat Wakanohana this time, Wakanohana won't
be celebrating the promotion at this time. So, in reality, Akebono and
Musashimaru are the responsible party for the new Yokozuna.

I really hope that Waka stays healthy and keeps up with the Yokozuna
expectation with "more-or-less constant" 12 or more wins which is a
"semi-requirement" to Yokozuna, which both sempai Yokozuna failed miserably
in Natsu-basho.

If we see only the win-loss records of Wakanohana, 14-1 and 12-3 consecutive
yusho, he deserves this promotion. If I have a request to the new Yokozuna,
elimitation of his tendency of losing to the lowy Maegashira rikishi. I hope
he does not follow the step of Yokozuna Tochinoumi, current Kasugano
Oyakata, who deserved to be one of the best technician Yokozuna of all time,
but retired youngest as Yokozuna and served more Kimboshi than any other
Yokozuna.

-Toshiyori Masumiriki

--
<abe@accesscom.com> Masumi Abe <abe@sentius.com>
San Francisco Bay Area / Silicon Valley / Palo Alto