Re: Flying Kotonishiki

At 09:37 98.5.18 -0700, Ed Romson wrote:

>He talked about his retirement ceremony and, as has been reported here,
>said it would be televised. He did not mention the network, so that leads
>me to belive it will not be on NHK (they would not fail to self promote,
>desho).

More to the point, Ed, NHK wouldn't *pay* him nearly enough. This is an
important money-spinner, not a public service event.

My biweekly TV guide only goes up to May 24; the new one comes out
tomorrow. Until then, I can't help. Maybe somebody with an inside track
with Sanoyama can tell?

Doreen in sumoland

 Why are my contemporaries beginning to look old?