Re: Akebono Cherry Trees

> I mainly bought them because I want to add some privacy and seclusion
> to my front yard. I hope they do this as well as having six clones of
> Yokozuna Akebono standing in front of my house would. I still like
> the idea of having "Akebono" trees, regardless of the origin of the name.

I  am sure that no burglar would mess with six clone of Akebono --
perhaps you should put a notice on the gate:

Caution : Beware of the Cherry Trees.

(sorry -- very feeble attempt at humor)

> BTW, they also had some Konishiki trees, but they wouldn't fit in my car.

Were the dwarfing variety called Mainoumi per chance? :-)

(another worse attempt)

Cheers

Peter

Dr. Peter J. Parbrook
Lecturer
University of Sheffield
Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering
Mappin Street
Sheffield
S1 3JD
U.K.