Banzuke-gai

I do not think that those records apply to their career.
Case in point:  Takanotsuru

He was off the Banzuke in Natsu 1997.
I have his career record in my files as 259-189-66 (with no data at all
for the banzuke-gai basho) (If you remember my file, it has all basho
data from 1991-forward for all rikishi who at least have makushita
experience).  On the sumo Kyokai website:
http://www.sumo.or.jp/flame/index.php?p=/basho/relay/hoshi_makujyu.php?b
asyo=33&kaku=1&subkaku=1&d=2  you will see that he has the exact same
record.  In my file, I have him active for 64 basho (from Mae-zumo until
Aki 2002) - this includes his Mae-zumo and banzuke-gai "ranks".  On the
web-page, my data are confirmed.

A quick Intai side note:  With all of the noise over the retirements of
Terao, Takatoriki, and Minatofuji, we all missed the retirement of
Wakakinryu, former Sandanme Yusho winner from Natsu 1998!
His career record was 211-188  .529  and he made it as high as Makushita
6
The other big Intai was Sumo's Kimtaku (Asatakuya) who was quickly
rising up the ranks until injury struck.  After 3 basho banzuke-gai, he
called it quits.
Question:  How many basho can a wrestler be "Banzuke-gai"?  Is there a
limit, or can they just remain there in a kind of limbo for years?

One other piece of info.  The wrestler suing Chiyotenzan and
Kokonoe-Oyakata is constantly not named in the Japanese press.  However,
they give ample information for those who just wish to look (like the
hatsudohyo, highest divisional rank, and retirement tournament).  While
the Japanese press is polite and refrains from Naming names, I, a humble
Jingai am not so polite.  The wrestler was Kouchi, with his career
record of 55-63-8  .466.

Muhomatsu

multipart/mixed
  multipart/alternative