Minaminoshima

From: Mikael Metz <mikael@metz.st>
>To: sumo list <sumo@sun01pt2-1523.statgen.ncsu.edu>
>

>Did Minaminoshima stay in Japan after his active career? I guess so since he
>seems to have taken that as his real name? but the son seems to have grown
>up in Tonga? or?

Minaminoshima (Alani) returned to Tonga and continued to be so enthusiastic
about sumo
that he gave his son his shikona.  We see him in Japan when he brings a
sumo team
  to take part in international competitions. It's great that the son is now
following
in father's footsteps.

~Doreen in sumoland~

~ My motto for the year: