From: Joe Kuroda <joe_kuroda@yahoo.com>
To: sumo list <sumo@sun01pt2-1523.statgen.ncsu.edu>
Sent: Sunday, February 04, 2001 5:43 PM
Subject: Takanohana Gains More Weight

According to a regular physical check-up clinic for
rikishis, held at the Kokugikan on February 3
yokozuna Takanohana gained another 2 kg and now weighs
161 kg.   He was 160 kg at the Hatsu Basho in 1999 but
now is the heaviest he's ever been.

Generally rikishis lose about 5 kg during a basho but
gaining back that weight in two weeks after a basho
finishes, Takanohana is showing his internal organs
are once again in good shape.

Unlike the 1999 season, Takanohana gained more muscle
mass and he even indicated during the Basho he'd like
to gain even "more mass" after the basho ended.

=====
.....Jonosuke
  <  Heart  Technique  Physique     ^S   <Z   '  >